What is a Supplier Audit?
A supplier audit is the process of following the procedures and processes that are agreed, this is during a selection audit process. It also identifies non-conformances in the manufacturing process,
supplier/shipment process, invoicing process, quality process and the engineering change process.
What are the benefits of a Supplier Audit?
A supplier audit adds value in several ways:
- Implementation of a business management review is established
- Control of business records is achieved
- Establishment of document control and customer satisfaction
- The control of company or business operations is achieved
- Non-conforming product control will be done through the supplier audit
Why take a Supplier Audit?
There are several reasons to take a supplier audit, this is because supplier audits is a good way of ensuring that the supplier is following the procedures and processes that were agreed upon that
was agreed during the selection process.
It is a cost-effective service which is suited to your business needs, it is also a concise and clear report which highlights the gaps in the procedures and policies. It is also an assurance that the
suppliers are operating with a reduced risk.